Sunday 21 April 2013

Ameritron AL-811HXCE back to life - part 5

So, having made the PCB (see part 4), now comes the time to populate it. Parts arrived fine from Farnell, and the capacitors of a similar type from another UK supplier.

I'm not keeping a total of parts spend on this - (if money was no object then I would have simply sent it for repair[no fun or challenge in that!!]  or got the bits from Ameritron in the states - look back at my earlier posts - this is not cheap!) - anyway I think as amateurs we can all improve/build on each others work, and definitely improve on commercial designs, where sometimes quality is compromised for ease of production or make slightly more money.

So wound the coils, and put the coils and 5w 100R Resistors in, and then put the braided leads on for the anode caps. 30 minutes of construction results in a new parasitic board.

Here it is -



Not too shabby really, in my humble opinion, if you consider what it was like before (look back in the blog) and now after a total rebuild, there is no comparison in my opinion, a major difference is that I hope that this one will work :) - anyway two major elements completed, the choke and the parasitic board, so onward to component improvement and rebuild, then test !!

Nearly there !

No comments:

Post a Comment