Sunday 24 March 2019

New Feed arrives from Germany for Es'hail-2 / AMSAT Phase-4A


Trying to cover all the bases I ordered a dual feed from AMSAT-DL sometime ago (several weeks) and forgot about it.

It arrived on Thursday :)

Its beautifully made I must say - I've also ordered a 1M offset dish as well which I will pickup so slowly putting together some of the more permanent elements of the station. 

This feed does not use an LNB and so I will need to work in a more 'traditional' method, fitted with SMA's for both 10Ghz and 2.4Ghz  - I've noticed its out of stock at the moment - but with this quality I'm not surprised !

The Spec is :-


2.4 GHz left-handed circular polarization 

> 10 GHz linear polarization 
> antenna impedance 50 Ohm 
> SMA connection sockets 
> for rotationally symmetric and offset mirrors 
> aluminum material 
> all screw connections in stainless steel 
> shank diameter Ø 23 mm


I also ordered an adapter which converted the 23mm shank to the more common 40mm LNB size as well to make life simple when I come to use it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment